9th Annual EAHAE International Conference
The Equine Association of Horse Assisted Education's International Conference will be held for the first time in the United States from the 26th to the 29th of September 2013 in the Cleveland, Ohio area. Visit the EAHAE website for details and an Early Bird Registration Special!
Key content of the International Conference will include:
- Listening to the wisdom of horses
- Inspiring each others innovations and creative ideas
- Sharing best practices
- Gathering new knowledge and skills
- Recommitting to values and ideals
- Learning from world renown educators of
- Appreciative Inquiry,
- Compassionate Coaching,
- Emotional Intelligence and
- Inclusive Leadership
- Strengthening our community connection and spirit
Our video tells it all ...
HorseDream Canada Leadership Camp for Aboriginal Youth - Description
This one week overnight camp is offered at Wilson H2 Ranch, where horses are the foundation of a very special leadership program.
At HorseDream Canada Leadership Camp you will:
- Gain a deeper awareness of yourself and how you interact with others
- Realize your strengths and abilities as a leader
- Develop a special bond with horses
- Live and breathe horses, cattle and ranch life!
- Learn horsemanship on the ground and in the saddle (English & Western)
- Develop roping and other cowboy/girl skills
- Spend your days with new friends and nights around the campfire
- Engage in a variety of fun leadership and ranch activities
- Eat delicious, hot chef-prepared meals and snacks
- Swim in our pool and play water games to cool off from the mid-day sun
AWARENESS - INSPIRATION - OPPORTUNITIES
RELATIONSHIPS - CONFIDENCE - LEADERSHIP
Horses & Dreams
Horses are like mirrors, providing a unique opportunity to relate on a basic emotional level that is open and true. The Horse is a very present being, very real, living always in the here and now. When people work with horses in Horse Assisted Education Programs, they learn about 100% presence, responsibility, self-confidence, awareness, and all that is necessary to develop personally, and develop leadership skills.
But the Horse, with its historical and mystical background, is also a Dream. It opens horizons, changes belief systems, and empowers people to step out of the box.
At HorseDream Canada Leadership Camp, hands on activities with horses will lead participants to reflect personally and through group discussions. New skills will be gained, new ideas will emerge, and participants will gain a deeper awareness of themselves and how they interact with and can lead others. No riding experience is necessary, and although daily horseback riding lessons are offered, there is no requirement to ride a horse unless it is desired.
HorseDream Canada Leadership Camp - Dates & Registration
Registration for HorseDream Canada Leadership Camp for Aboriginal Youth is on a community basis:
- A minimum of 6 campers per community will be required for community registrations.
- Each session will include a maximum of 12 youth campers.
- If you would like to register a youth individually rather than through a community registration, please contact us to discuss dates available.
- Each session will be exclusive to young women or young men. Camps are not co-ed.
|Session 1||July 1st to 7th|
|Session 2||July 8th to 14th|
|Session 3||July 15th to 21st|
|Session 4||July 22nd to 28th|
|Session 5||July 29th to August 4th|
|Session 6||August 5th to 11th|
Camps run Sundays to Saturdays.
- Arrival 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. Sunday.
- Pick Up 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. Saturday.
HorseDream Partner License Workshop Details
Train the Trainer Seminar
In the Train the Trainer Seminar, you will experience what your prospective clients/participants will experience in the one or two-day seminar called "The Art of Leadership". Train the Trainer transfers your ability to work with horses and your target audience into the know-how to use them in horse-assisted education.
You'll get the opportunity to work with a powerful, proven concept under the guidance of a team who have delivered the program to over 2500 participants: Gerhard & Karin Krebs.
HorseDream is a business approach. We provide seminars and team trainings for corporates only. However, if you are qualified to do so, you may of course adapt our methods to work with children, the disabled or other people who could benefit from Horse Assisted Education.
*Note: It’s expected that you have the background to work with the clientele you plan to, such as business managers, other professionals, children etc. Some experience working with horses is an asset.
HorseDream Partner License Workshops
Learn and apply the four key components of the HorseDream Horse Assisted Education model in these intensive Partner License Workshops:
- Communicating (distance and nearness – experience the “picadero”)
- Reaching goals and overcoming obstacles
- Organizational development (change management processes)
As a participant you will go through in-depth exercises to
- Experience intensive self-development as a leader with a new attitude towards team members, clients and yourself
- Develop confidence in facilitating the exercises with clients
- Learn how to effectively train horses as your HorseDream co-trainers
- Additionally you will then be allowed to use the HorseDream brand in your business ("Licensed HorseDream Partner").
Distance & Nearness
The Distance and Nearness workshop is about connecting with horses and connecting with people. It is a learning process in the importance of and ways to establish distance as well as nearness in communication, leadership, and personal partnership. It is about respect, trust, and love.
"Distance and Nearness is based on what Klaus Ferdinand Hempfling has written in his book “Dancing with Horses”, which was published in Germany (“Mit Pferden tanzen”) in 1993.
Watch this video clip of a Leadership Exercises Workshop!
"Leadership Exercises" is about working with clients in various hands-on exercises. Leading a horse is a process, just as leading people is a process There are lots of different leadership styles. In our Horse Assisted Leadership Development programs people experience their leadership strengths and work on further developing leadership qualities.
It is not about leading horses. It is about leading people, teams, projects, companies, organizations. The horses mirror intention and attitude and provide you or your clients with very clear feedback.
Reaching Goals, Overcoming Obstacles
Watch this video clip of a Reaching Goals, Overcoming Obstacles Workshop!
"Reaching Goals, Overcoming Obstacles" is about working with individual clients, groups, or teams. Reaching a goal is a process, overcoming obstacles is a process. We will learn how to trust the horse’s responses to our goals and to our obstacles and how to trust the process. A goal is one thing, a personal vision is another, and a shared vision is a third. We will also work on our personal and our shared visions. The horses act as catalysts and medium, helping us to come up with new ideas about goals and barriers in business and life.
Watch this video clip of a Leadership Exercises Workshop!
"Integral HorseMapping" uses the help of horses to understand and apply four core organizational approaches:
- Structural Constellations,
- Horse Assisted Education and
- the “Integral Way of Consciousness”
Integral HorseMapping provides us with a better understanding of structures and mechanisms of corporate governance and personal behaviour.
HorseDream Canada Personal & Professional Development
Susan Wilson is a Licensed HorseDream Partner of HorseDream International, offering personal and professional development training through the unique HorseDream Canada Horse Assisted Education program at Wilson H2 Ranch.
HorseDream International is a German-based global working company founded in 1996 by Gerhard and Karin Krebs. HorseDream provides a Horse Assisted Education Program that focuses on Leadership, Horses, and the Power of Horse Sense. HorseDream International is the initiator and founding member of the European Association for Horse Assisted Education (EAHAE).
Susan chose to study and partner with HorseDream International to learn the unique and innovative approach of Gerhard and Karin, through which the HorseDream horses are the real trainers in our leadership seminars. Our approach is that we, the human facilitators, step back to let the horses do their work. This training is not about talking, thinking, and analyzing - it is about working at the emotional and experiential level. Trusting the horses as the real trainers, with their natural ability to relate on an absolutely immediate and true level, we can provide programs that lead individuals to a deeper awareness of self, how they interact with the world around us, and what they can do to develop team and leadership skills.
The name of this educational product, HorseDream, stands for two facets of leadership, management and personal development:
- The Horse is a very present being, very real, living always in the here and now. That makes people, working with horses in Horse Assisted Seminars, learn about 100% presence, responsibility, self confidence, awareness, and all that is necessary to develop leadership skills.
- The Horse, with its historical and mystical background, is also a 'Dream'. It opens horizons, changes belief systems, empowers people to step out of the box.
HorseDream is exactly what is needed in business life: reality and vision - both concepts are incorporated into this name.
Call Susan at (705) 432-3106 or email susan@wilsonH2ranch.ca to discuss how HorseDream Canada can customize a training program to meet your personal or corporate training needs.
Train the Trainer and HorseDream Partner License Workshops also available. If you have a passion for horses and people and want to take your business to the next level by offering transformative horse-assisted education to clients in a for-profit or non-profit setting, speak with Susan for details and dates.
HorseDream Partner License Workshops will teach you how to work with horses to transform people’s ability to:
- Lead others through their own unique leadership approach
- Communicate authentically and effectively
- Reach goals and overcome obstacles individually or as a team
- Manage change and growth productively in an organization’s development
Learn more about this very special seminar approach at our train the trainer seminar.
Amber Marshall Horse Wish Gala 2010 - A Great Success
On behalf of the Board of Directors of Horse Wish, we would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to Amber Marshall, all the sponsors and all the volunteers that made the Amber Marshall Horse Wish Gala an overwhelming success. On August 29, 2010, approximately 400 people poured through the gates at Wilson H2 Ranch and enjoyed Amber's presence and the day's activities!
Amber Marshall, star of the hit T.V. Series "Heartland", is a spokesperson for Horse Wish. Amber generously offered her time and talents to Horse Wish, and attended the Amber Marshall Horse Wish Gala to provide a riding demonstration, and to provide a limited photo and autograph session. Imagine that ... a Canadian T.V. star ... right here in Woodville, Ontario!!!